Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let the Quest Begin

So I have always loved a hamburger. Yes that is right a hamburger. Not a cheeseburger but a hamburger. I don't care for cheese on my burger.  I have known to send it back if it has cheese on it (which makes me extremely popular at restaurants).  I recently moved to Los Angeles and have been told by numerous people that LA has the best burgers in the country.  Mind you, I have had some great burgers in the past around the US (which we will discuss those at a later date) but now it is time to search for the perfect burger in LA.  So there are some criteria in the quest for the best burger:
1. It can't be a fast food joint: I love In N' Out burgers and to me it is the best fast food burger.  So the quest for that is done
2. It can't be a pick your own condiments burger: So, since I have moved here I have had The Counter! I also love that burger. But why wouldn't I?  I get to choose exactly what I like to have on the burger so if I don't like it then it is my own darn fault. I am on search for the perfect burger that has already been created not something that I create.
3. It will be on a 1-10 scale: I will be giving it a rating between 1 and 10.  1 being the most horrible burger in the world and 10 being the Holy Grail of burgers.  I will be extremely honest: I have a feeling there will only be one 10.  I feel like a Russian Gymnastic judge.
4. It will have to have the perfect combo:  Which means it might have amazing meat but the bun might not be the best. That will all be taken into consideration.
5. I will have another person with me who will also weigh in with their opinion.  Just because I might not like it doesn't mean it isn't good, so that is why I am going to always have someone else have a burger as well so there can be another opinion.
I would love to take suggestions on what you think is the best burger in LA. I will try them all until I find the best burger in LA!!!!
Let the Quest Begin....

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following the quest Abby as I have liked hearing about your move out west.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Umami Burger in Los Feliz? Quite tasty, plus they have green chile (a crucial ingredient from New Mexico that persuaded me to make the trek over to that part of town)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I love love love umani! I am going to go back there again now that I have started the blog :) If you would like to join....

    ReplyDelete
  4. AB! Girl... I am the SAME! Dude...don't give me MEAT without a FAB wrap on it! (serve it on a boring ole' white bun? FAIL.)
    But...I do love me some cheese. (especially SHARP cheddar on a PB burger. HEAVEN! and chevre. and Purple Haze. and...i can go on. but i won't)
    Anyhow...
    Where were your FAVES in CLE?
    Top 3 for me:
    Sundried Tomato Pesto Chevre burger, medium rare on mulitgrain bread at The Feve in Oberlin...
    Black & Blue, (sirloin, pancetta, balsamic shroom, gorgonzola, swiss) medium rare at Reddstone in CLE
    and...
    The black bean burger at Mikes in Berea.
    OH HEAVENLY DROOL!

    ReplyDelete